Back to basics
First things' first. Fall is all about the vest this year, whether a fringe vest, fur vest, or the hot trend of wearing the over sized long sweater vest which was a hit last year as well. Before you can throw your vest, you need to have a base for it to go over, something that won't clash or take away from the decor of the vest. Basic tees, tunics, and long sleeve tops do the trick! Tj Maxx and Marshalls was the perfect place to find basic tops like the one I found, and for reasonable prices. I found this active wear long sleeve top for under $7!
- Tj Maxx and Marshalls only looks for merchandise that they can sell 60% off department store prices.
- The only sales that go on at Tj Maxx or Marshalls are the end of the season sales when al unsold items go on Clearance. Anything that isn't sold during the Clearance sale is donated to charity.
- Tj Maxx and Marshalls get shipments of over 10,000+ new items every week.
- Just because something is on racks at Tj Maxx or Marshalls does not mean the item is out of season. In fact, you may find the same items on racks in Macy's or other dept. stores. This is how these discount stores work. They buy the over stocked items. Say a company has enough fabric to make 4,000 shirts, but the store only bought 3,000 of those shirts, then Tj Maxx and Marshalls steps in and buys the other 1,000 that is left at a discount, that is then relayed to you!
- Tj Maxx and Marshalls sells 14k gold jewelry and semi precious stones.
- Tj Maxx recently opened a Shop the Runway section at a select few Tj Maxx stores. This section carried high end designer names such as Alice and Olivia, Moschino, Alexander McQueen, and many other top of the line European and American designer names. Check out Tjmaxx.com and search for a store that has the Shop the Runway feature by you!