If you happen to break you powder makeup, you can easily fix it with alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and patience!
This works for any kind of powder based makeup, such as bronzers, blot powders, eyeshadows, whatever!
All you need is a few drops of alcohol into your broken powder compact. Usually it would be said to use 75%+ based alcohol, but this is because the more alcohol concentrate, the faster it dries. Any percentage of alcohol will do though, because I like to leave it out to dry overnight.
Don't worry about the alcohol staying in the powder and causing your skin to dry out, it will completely evaporate. Alcohol dries very quickly that is why it is recommended for use on new wounds on your body, because it evaporates very fast and leaves little residue. The odor will also go away.
So how does it work?
Here are the steps!
- Add a few small drops into your broken powder makeup compact or casing.
- After you add the alcohol to the broken powder you will notice it seep into the powder causing it to become soft.
- Smudge the soft soaking powder around, making it into a paste-like substance and re-form it by smoothing it out with your finger. You will know exactly what to do!
- You can then smooth the surface out with the bottom of a spoon if you choose to, but remember that it does not have to be perfect to work perfectly.
- Let it dry overnight for best results.
Now you can use your powder makeup again without making a mess and spending more of your hard earned money!